Discipline(s) / Subdiscipline(s):
1. Social Sciences
- Library and Information Science
Print ISSN: 1394-6234
Publisher: University of Malaya
Publication type: Print
Publication frequency: 3 time(s) per year
Journal Website: http://ejum.fsktm.um.edu.my/VolumeListing.aspx?JournalID=3
The Malaysian Journal of Library and Information Science (MJLIS) is currently being published beginning 2009 three times a year in April, August and December by the Department of Library and Information Science, Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology, University of Malaya. The journal publishes original research articles in the field of library and information science (LIS) as well related domains that encapsulate information and knowledge. It also encourages contribution about professional policies, practices, principles and progress in the LIS fields. The journal aims to provide a forum for communications amongst LIS professionals especially within the Asia Pacific region, to introduce new concepts, methodologies, systems and technology. Between 1996 and 2008 the journal was published both in print and electronic. From 2009 onwards only the electronic version has been made available. The electronic version is available at, http://ejum.fsktm.um.edu.my. The journal is being indexed and abstracted by Social Science Citation Index (SSCI), SCOPUS, LISA (Library and Information Science Abstracts), Library Literature, LISTA and Journal of Academic librarianship. Based on JCR 2012 the Impact Factor is 0.423, Ranked 55/84, Quartile 3.
Professor Dr. Abrizah Abdullah, University of Malaya
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kiran Kaur, University of Malaya
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Noor Harun Abdul Karim, University Malaya
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Noorhidawati Abdullah, University Malaya
Dr. Yanti Idaya Aspura Mohd Khalid, University of Malaya
Prof Dr Karin De Jager, University of Cape Town, Africa
Dr. B.K. Sen, New Delhi, India
Prof. Dr. Shaheen Majid, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Mr. Teh Kang Hai, Bandar Utama University College, Malaysia
Dr. M.G. Sreekumar, Indian Institute of Management, Kerala, India
Prof Dr Chen Ruey Shun, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Prof Dr Tsay Ming-Yueh,National Chengchi University, Taiwan
Prof Dr Amanda Spinks, Queensland University of Technology
Mr Tiew Wai Sin, Ministry of Education Malaysia
Prof Dr Patrick Ngulube, University of South Africa, South Africa
Dr William E. Nwagwu, African Regional Centre for Information Science, University of Ibadan, Africa
Prof. Dr. Sharon Bostick, University of Missouri Kansas City, USA
Prof. Dr. Ronald Rousseau, KHBO, K.U. Leuven, Guest Prof, Antwerp University, Belgium.
Assoc. Prof . Dr. Hamid Jamali, Dept. of Library & Information Studies, Tarbiat Moallem University,
Dr. Nor Edzan Che Nasir, Library, University of Malaya, Malaysia
Prof. Dr. Norliya Ahmad Kassim, University MARA Institute of Technology, Malaysia
Prof. Dr. Ahmad Bakeri Abu Bakar, International Islamic University Malaysia
Submission of Manuscript
- Manuscript should preferably be 2,500-5,000 words in length.
- The font type required is Calibri, 11pt.
- The first page of the manuscript must contain the following information: Title of the article Name(s) and affiliation of author(s) Complete address, including telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address. The second page of the manuscript should contain only the title of the article, an abstract, keywords and subsequently the text of the article.
- The abstract should be about 150-200 words and structured to include, the purpose of the paper, the scope, the objectives, the methodology and approach, the findings, the practicle applications and significance.
- The keywords should be informative and adds to the existing information available in the title and abstracts.
- Main section headings in the manuscript must be capitalized and bold and sub-headings under the main headings should be bold and in upper-lower case.
- Figures, charts and diagrams should be kept to a minimum. They should be in either of these format, MS powerpoint, tif, jif, jpeg, bmp and sized to fit within a 15cm wide page.
- All manuscripts should be submitted as a word or rtf document, formated with double line spacing and 1.5 left and right margins. Articles can be sent as attached documents to the editors, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Authors may also submit their articles through EJUM, where the online version of this journal is published at, http:ejum.fsktm.um.edu.my. Submission through this method requires the author to register as an author.
- All articles are subjected to double blind reviewing process. Authors should receive information about the status of their articles within three months.
- Papers that are amended accordingly will be published in the earliest issue possible.
Accuracy of Materials
It is the responsibility of the author to check the accuracy of all data, statements and references.
It is a condition of publication that manuscripts submitted to the journal have not been published, accepted for publication, nor simultaneously submitted for publication elsewhere. By submitting a manuscript, the author(s) agree that copyright for the article is transferred to the publisher, if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication.
- The style of the manuscript should follow The Chicago Manual of Style.
- References should be cited in the text using the ‘name and date style’ , Summers (1993) or (Summers, 1993).
- References at the end of the article should be listed in alphabetical order and examples are indicated below:
- Journal article: Summers, F. William. 1993. The concept of the indispensable public library. Public Libraries, Vol.32, no.4: 212-215.
- Conference article: Ranson, Claire. 1995. Cartography in children’s literature. Paper presented at the 24th International Association of School Librarianship Conference, July 1995, at Worcester, England.
- Book: Gwizdka, J. and M. Chignell. 1999. Towards information retrieval measures for evaluation of Web search engines. Toronto: University of Toronto.
Ohtsuka, T., K. Eguchi and H. Yamana. 2004. An evaluation method of Web search engines based on users’ sense. Tokyo: National Institute of Informatics.
- Book chapter: Vinkler, P. 1990. Bibliometric analysis of publication activity of a scientific research institute, In: L. Egghe, R. Rousseau, eds. Informatrics. Amsterdam: Elsevier Science Publishers: 309-334.
- Web resources: Tenopir, Carol. 2002. Educating tomorrow’s information professionals today. Info Today, Vol.10, no.7. Available at: http://www.infotoday.com/searcher/jul02/tenopir.htm Wang, Z. 2001. Information systems and evaluations: precision and recall graphs. Avaialble at: http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~ir/Projects/Sum01/Final ProjectsSum/zhangWang/ZhangWang-finalprojecthandin/List.htm.
Tables, Figures and Illustration
Figures and photos should be labelled with "Figure 1:" and tables with "Table 3:" and assigned Arabic numerals. Table and Figure titles should placed on top of the Figures or tables given.
MJLIS is indexed by the Social Science Citation Index (SSCI), JCR, Scopus, Library Literature, LISA, LISTA. Based on JCR 2009: Impact factor 0.533. Ranked 44 out of 65 LIS journals, Listed in Tier 3.