| View Journal
Arab World English Journal
Discipline(s) / Subdiscipline(s):
1. Arts & Humanities
- Languages & linguistics
- Visual arts
Print ISSN: 2229-9327
Publisher: Arab World English Journal
Publication type: Print
Publication frequency: 4 time(s) per year
Journal Website: http://www.awej.org/
Arab World English Journal
F12-2 Villa Wangasamas,
Seri Wangsa, Wangsa Maju
53300 Kuala Lumpur,
Phone : +60163558957
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) is a refereed, double blind peer reviewed in which both authors and referees are anonymous, and open-access e-journal for scholars, researchers, teachers, and officials of the English language in and beyond the Arab World in the 21stCentury. Submissions are invited by those either teaching and learning in the Arab World, and also by those who have written papers about language education which are of either direct or indirect relevance to those teaching and learning in the Arab World.
- AWEJ is a nonprofit Journal whose goal is to promote the learning and teaching of English in the Arab World. AWEJ will publish papers either directly related to this focus or associated areas of language education such as literature, linguistics, translation studies, culture, media, and computer-assisted or online education
- AWEJ is a fully refereed journal with an editorial board of scholars in the fields of English language education and associated fields such as linguistics, literature and translation, culture, education, media, and computer-assisted language learning.
- AWEJ aims to organize an annual conference, workshops and seminars as well as establishing joint activities with Arab universities and educational institutions. It also intends to promote the application of research to practical language problems of English current situation in diverse Arab nations.
- Publishing is open for participants from non Arab countries. AWEJ seeks to collect, organize, and disseminate information and research on the new trends of English teaching and learning.
- Editor works with an international advisory board that guides the shaping of the journal, as well as with international board of editors for submitted manuscripts.
- AWEJ is a quarterly journal (four issues a year (March, June, September and December). AWEJ is sponsored by Arab Society of English Language Studies (ASELS) www.asels.org
- Richard Kiely MA PhD
Professor of Applied Linguistics and Language Education
Department of Modern Languages
University 0f Southampton
- Prof. Dr. Cameron Richards
Faculty of Education, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Prof. Dr. Noureddine Guella
College of Languages and Translation
King Saud University, Riyadh , Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Assoc. Prof. Martha A. Adler, Ph.D.
Reading and Language Arts .ESL Program Coordinator
College of Education, Health & Human Services, University of Michigan-Dearborn. USA
- Assoc. Prof. Gina Zanolini Morrison, PhD
School of Education,Wilkes University, Pennsylvania, USA
Dr. Khairi Obaid Al-Zubaidi
Board of Editors
- Dr. Robert Arthur Coté
Director of the Writing Skills Improvement Program
College of Humanities, University of Arizona, USA
- Prof. Abdulmoneim Mahmoud Mohammed, Ph.D.
Department of English, College of Arts. Sultan Qaboos University.
- Assoc. Prof. Channarong Intaraprasert, PhD.
School of English. Suranaree University of Technology, Thailand.
- Assoc. Prof. David B. Kent,PhD
Graduate School of TESOL-MALL, Woosong University, Daejeon. South Korea
- Prof. Ebtisam Ali Sadiq PhD
Department of English, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Kimberly Bunts-Anderson, PhD
Department of Language and Humanities, Northern Marianas College ,Saipan, USA
- Prof. Jean-Claude Bertin PhD
Full Professor in English and Language Learning, University of Le Havre, France
- Assoc. Prof. Jirada wudthayagorn, PhD.
Director Language Center , Faculty of Art, Maejo University, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Professor Julie Anne Taylor, PhD
College of Education, Health, and Human Services
University of Michigan-Dearborn, United States
- Khalid Al Seghayer,PhD
College of Languages and Translation, Imam University , Riyadh , Saudi Arabia.
- Prof. Manfred Malzahn, PhD
Director of Research and Graduate Studies Support,
Office of the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Studies,United Arab Emirates University,
- Prof. Munthir Manhal, PhD.
English Department, College of Languages, University of Baghdad, Iraq
- Prof. Musa Al-Halool, PhD
Professor of English & Comparative Literature, Taif University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Nader Ale Ebrahim, PhD
Centre of Research Services, Institute of Research Management and Monitoring (IPPP), University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Assoc. Prof. Raymond Cooke, PhD.
Director,Department of Languages and Cultures, Université Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, France.
- Prof. Sabah S. Al-Rawi PhD,
English Department, College of Languages,
University of Bagdad, Iraq.
- Assoc. Prof. S. Devaki Reddy, PhD
Department of Humanities and Social Science ,IIT, Madras, Chennai, India
- Sara Kuehlhorn Friedman,
Portland State University, Intensive English Language Program
- Assoc. Prof. Yousef Awad, PhD
Department of English Language and Literature, Faculty of Foreign Languages, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
As part of the submission process of Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) authors are required to check their submissions’ compliance with all of the following items and submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines may be returned to authors.
- Registration is required to submit items Please register (free) on our website www.awej.org ( Join Awej - left side - home page) before submit your paper in order to reach you on time.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word file format and should be submitted electronically as e-mail attachments to the editor of the Arab World English Journal at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Papers should be approximately 7.000 words in length(including tables, figure, references and appendixes).They should be written as continuous expository narrative in an article style - not as lists of points or a PowerPoint presentation. It should be submitted electronically as e-mail attachments to email@example.com AWEJ only accepts Microsoft Word files (Not PDF).
- Manuscripts submitted to AWEJ must contain original work which has been neither previously published, nor is it under consideration by another journal.
- All papers should have an abstract between 150 and 250 words in length.
- Each paper should include no more than 5 keywords (Listed in alphabetical order) Keywords are extremely important in search engine rankings. To achieve better exposure for your paper, please make sure your keywords are clear and accurate.
- Authors should include a cover page with the full title of the paper, the author's full name, Author’s affiliation and address, e-mail address, postal address, phone number. The author's name should not appear elsewhere in the paper.
- Each paper should be double-spaced in 12 point font (Times New Roman) with 1 inch margins on all sides.
- Editors of AWEJ reserve the right to make editorial changes in any manuscript accepted for publication for the sake of style or clarity. Authors will be consulted only if the changes are substantial.
- Footnotes should be avoided. Author/s notes are acceptable ( please place your notes at the end of the paper before the references part)
- Authors should submit- separately from the paper a 3-4lines of bio(very short biography)
- All authors required to include statement in their submission that the manuscript is an original work.
Manuscript Guidelines for AWEJ
- All submissions must conform to the requirements of the APA (American Psychological Association) is the most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of references and citations, which must be in APA format. Manuscripts may be rejected if they do not meet the APA requirements (Please read Manuscript Guidelines for AWEJ).The following web page can be used to obtain a condensed version of the guidelines: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01
Submission and Publication Acceptance Agreements
- Papers submitted to AWEJ for review and possible publication will not have been submitted for review anywhere else and, if accepted for review, will not be submitted elsewhere whilst the paper is undergoing review. The authors of papers accepted for Review will be asked to fill out, sign and return a submission agreement to this effect. The authors of those papers accepted for publication will also be asked to confirm in an publication acceptance agreement that the paper has not been and will not be published elsewhere. Publication in AWEJ transfers the right to AWEJ to distribute papers, but authors do retain their copyright.
- AWEJ’s applies the following Open Access copyright policy: (a) The author keeps the copyright. (b) The copyright notice mentions that classroom use is free, but other uses depend on the permission of the authors themselves. (c) The journal asks only for a licensee to publish the article as the first publisher. (d) The author is obliged to mention AWEJ as a source whenever the author later republishes the article on other platforms.
- Authors should send the Transfer of Copyright Agreement This signed statement must be received by Arab World English journal (AWEJ) when manuscript is accepted for review for possible publication in AWEJ. Authors of manuscripts will assign Transfer of copyright Agreement to AWEJ the permanent right to distribute their papers, but they will retain their copyright. After the paper has appeared in AWEJ, authors may republish their texts as long as they clearly acknowledge AWEJ as the original publisher and the only source for citation purposes.
- After the submission deadline of each call for papers, manuscripts submitted to Arab World English Journal will go through an internal review. If submitted papers meet the basic requirements of AWEJ they are sent out for double blind review from experts in the field. Our reviewers are expected to review articles and return their reviews within 5 weeks of having received this. It is common for reviewers who recommend acceptance to also make this conditional on addressing possible errors or issues. If your reviewers make this recommendation then you will be given the opportunity to adequately respond to their feedback by a required date. This entire review process will take anywhere between 2- 3 months after submission of manuscript. The editor’s decision is final.
- Arab World English Journal (AWEJ) is completely free to read and download. It is funded solely by paper process publication fees. Papers may be submitted for blind peer review without charge. Those papers accepted for publication will need to pay paper process fees of $150.